Hello, friends! The topic for today is being a senior. What is the meaning of senior? With regards to the Longman Dictionary, 'senior' is a word that we use to explain about students in their last year of High School, University or to be two, five, ten and etc years older than someone. Sounds that this topic is very interesting.

Starting from this semester, automatically I have turned to be a senior, which I am glad to be! Now, I am in Part 3. So, it means that I have spent more than a year in UiTM Segamat. Although I am just a new senior, I can see a lot of scenarios happened between junior students and senior students.

There are lots of problems and cases happened between them. Sometimes the problems get worse. Why is this happened? Tap! The answer is simple. Disrespectful! It should not be like this. Junior students should respect senior students and vice versa. People always say that only juniors have the obligation to respect older. This is so not true! As on the part of seniors, they have the duty to show good behaviours too, despite being arrogant and showing off their seniority towards juniors. How would a junior respect a bad example of senior? Same question goes to the juniors. Therefore, showing good attitude is important which indirectly, it can gives respect feelings. If both respect each other, no problems will occur.




Now, let’s move to my feelings about being a senior. I admit that I feel proud and enjoy being a senior but actually, I still have seniors which are Part 4 onwards. Thus, I can feel both feelings which being a junior and a senior at the same time.

At the first week of being senior in third semester, I used to come across of a thought before, which, if I turned into a senior, I will bully my junior! Yay! I have told my friends about my 'mens rea' but, they disagree with me and advice me not to do so. Lol! So, I don't.

I think twice and realise that I am totally wrong in this perception. I thought that once we have been a senior, automatically we got a license to bully juniors. I have this thought because on my early age of junior, I have seen seniors were bullying juniors a.k.a my friends. Indirectly, this perception appears in my mind. Plus, it looks fun to do so!


Now, my juniors have started to call me ‘Kakak’. It is a sign of being respected and I am happy to say that I am proud with the name. If before this I have the feelings to bully juniors, but now the feelings have faded away. Why? Because juniors respect me so, I have no reasons to have bad faith for them.

All in all, what I want to say here is, please make a correction of thought that once we become seniors, we can bully our junior. This is totally wrong! As a senior, the right way is we should guide our junior for a good future ahead. Show them the right path to be success. Ahax! See you soon on my next entry. Happy holidays to all and enjoy!

p/s: Enjoy but don't forget to do revision!

1 comments:

Izuan said...

Being a senior has its own advantages. Just don't use it to your advantage.

converted by Theme Lib

This Template is Brought to you by : AllBlogTools.com blogger templates